International Associates Limited is accredited to undertake Ethical Supplier Engagement Program (ESEP)Compliance audits.
- Workers making product for universities are protected, safeguarding a positive view by external stakeholders
- Environments and communities are protected, building a sustainable manufacturing model with key Licensee factories;
- Licensee or Vendor/factory ownership over their compliance programs, supporting a consistent, stable manufacturing environment;
- Supply chain improvements, reducing risks for all involved, fostering positive public perception of the Universities, Licensees and their factories/suppliers.
How it works
Once a supplier / manufacturer enters the program, the following tasks need to be accomplished:
- Registration with Sumerra: supplier / manufacturer registers with Sumerra the body that is operating the scheme on behalf of the Universities, including Licensee contact information and factories to be included in the Compliance Program.
- Initial Contact:Sumerra contacts Licensee or Vendor to discuss the compliance program.
- Monitoring: Each Supplier will be audited annually by an approved assessment company such as International Associates Limited. Sumerra will provide Licensees/Vendors and Suppliers with a CAP highlighting the issues discovered at the factory. Assessments within the Licensee/Vendor supply chain will generally be spread over the course of the year.
- Remediation:Sumerra will track the progress and provide assistance of CAP items, which should be led by the Licensee/Vendor and managed by the Supplier (Factory).