This Course will teach students the principles of SA8000 and how to use the tools, including Social Fingerprint, as well as to teach students how to apply methods and techniques to plan and conduct a Social Responsibility Audit.
- Understanding the 9 elements of the SA8000 Standard
- Effective auditing techniques related to each SA8000 social compliance element
- A review of the SA8000 documents and tools, including in-depth review of Social Fingerprint
- Practical knowledge of the Management System Approach
- Application of methods and techniques to conduct, and generate findings, on an SA8000 audit
- Core concepts and background on social compliance in the supply chain
- Practical knowledge of social auditing and performance
- Review of common compliance problems and possible solutions
- Application of methods and techniques to gather, evaluate & triangulate satisfactory objective evidence during an audit to determine the conformance of a system
- Ability to generate accurate, appropriate, and comprehensive audit findings and conclusions
- Delegates should have some knowledge of SA8000. This can be achieved by reading the SA80000 and its Guidance Documents before attending the course.
- Delegates should also have some auditing knowledge and understand the principles of auditing protocols at a basic level. This can be by reading through ISO/IEC 19011.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Top Management
- Company Worker Representative
- Management Representatives
- Internal Auditors
- External Auditors
- CSR Managers
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This course has been designed and is approved to meet the Social Accountability Accreditation Service (SAAS) requirements, there are certain conditions that are related to the course itself.
- The course duration is 5 consecutive days totally classroom study time of 36 hours. Throughout the course your Lead Trainer shall be assessing your performance throughout the course.
- At the end of course there is a written examination lasting 2 hours, time is on top of the classroom study time of 36 hours. In order to be eligible to take the examination you must attend all 5 days and pass the continual assessment on performance.
- The pass mark for the examination is 75 out of a maximum of 100. Should you not pass the examination you will be permitted to take one re-sit. Should you fail the re-sit then in order to take another examination you would have to attend the whole course again.
In order to be well prepared for the course there is some pre-course reading materials:
- SA8000:2014, the Standard
- Guidance to SA8000
- SAAS Procedure 200